Full-time PhD position in music cognition at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
The Digital and Cognitive Musicology Laboratory (DCML) at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland, is recruiting a PhD candidate to start in September 2018 or early 2019. The lab is directed by Martin Rohrmeier. The PhD position is available in the context of the H2020-ERC funded project on the "Principles of Musical Structure Building: Theory, Computation, and Cognition". The project explores theories of musical syntax and structure combining theoretical, computational and psychological approaches. The selected candidate will join the team to work on designing and conducting psychological experiments exploring the perception and acquisition of syntactic structures in.
- Applicants should have a very good MA degree in the fields of psychology, neuroscience, (empirical) musicology, cognitive science or a closely related field.
- Skills in computer programming and statistics as well as music theory and analysis are desirable
- Fluent English, French an asset
What we offer:
- A young and dynamic lab with members from diverse disciplinary backgrounds
- The EPFL provides an excellent and leading research environment as well as a dynamic and lively international campus with a vibrant student life and cultural events
The position is planned by start in September 2018 or early 2019.
Term of employment:
PhD students upload their materials on http://phd.epfl.ch/application under the EDNE doctoral school (https://phd.epfl.ch/
For more information about the position, please contact Martin Rohrmeier (martin.rohrmeier < at > epfl < dot > ch)
Deadline for application: May 1, 2018